Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
I thought for fun, I’d let you look into my life at the list of my favorite things right now. Random, fun, and quirky, I know! Enjoy!
1. Sandwiches – you name it. peanut butter and jelly, ham and cheese, tuna, egg salad. Packing my lunch every day for work has been enjoyable and taking me back to grade school days.
2. Arrested Development – I’ve been watching the unfortunately cancelled, hilariously tv show on DVD. I forgot how intelligently funny it is and I find something new to laugh at every time I watch it. Oh the Bluths!
3. Craigslist – I have been searching for the perfect dresser and finally found an old, beat up gem. I’m looking forward to the restoration process by painting it and adding new drawer knobs. A perfect summer weekend project. Watch out Home Depot, I’m coming and for the first time willingly!
4. Iced caramel macchiatos – ok, this has always been one of my favorite things, more like a necessity. Something about sipping iced coffees on a hot summer day is glorious. Yes, please!
5. Reading The Skimm – it gives me the daily news in colloquial girlfriend talk. I feel more cultured up to date on the news, and ready to respond to any current political conversation.
6. Hiking – There is nothing better than hiking up a mountain, filling your lungs with fresh mountain air, and feeling the burn in your quads! I strongly suggest going on your favorite hike by yourself. It will clear your thoughts, help you to connect with your body, and it just feels good!
7. Blogs – I love reading the blogs from Sarah Jenks, Erin Stutland, and Rebecca McLoughlin. Sarah helps me learn to love my body as it is right now, Erin helps me to find my workout flow, and Rebecca helps me to organize my home and get rid of clutter. I admire them for how they inspire women to love themselves and be the best versions of themselves. I suggest you check them out!
What are some small pleasures in your life right now?