The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Time flies when you’re super busy. Am I right? I haven’t stayed on top of posting in an extremely long time, but I would like to get back at it. God has put it on my heart to start writing again, and so here I am putting pen to paper.
My life has changed completely in the last couple of years. So many big life changes occurred that it’s all one big blur.
Here’s the quick recap of what’s occurred over the past year or so…
- Got hitched! I married the love of my life and best friend Mike! We’ve already celebrated our second year anniversary which shows how quickly time goes by when you’re spending it with those you love.
- When I married Mike, I became an “instant mom” to my two step-children. Let’s just say I’ve learned a lot on how to be a parent and there is still so much I have yet to learn.
- Got new business cards! I had the opportunity to apply for my dream job and by stepping out in faith I took a risk and applied. I really felt God directing me back to my alma mater and it was perfect timing with all of the other transitions that were happening in my life to do it all at once. I celebrated my second year work anniversary this past August and I couldn’t be happier. My position has challenged me to grow as a professional, develop new strengths, has been extremely rewarding, and I can’t believe I get paid to do the work that I do at a place that I love!
- Loaded up a Uhaul. I relocated to California for this incredible job offer. I’m still working in student affairs in higher education. It has been an adjustment rebuilding a new community, but I’m happy to say that we’ve found a great group of friends that are our new family and a great church community.
- Mama Bear. I gave birth to my beautiful son and have become a mom. My little one is now a toddler. I’m constantly chasing around after him! I have more respect for my own parents after taking care of my little one. There are moments where I have no clue what I’m doing, but I try my best. My heart is so full of love for my son and the joy he brings to my life outweighs all of the sleepless nights.
I think I’ve caught my breath at this point. I definitely don’t always have it all together, and I’m learning to have grace with myself. God’s mercies are new every morning which means that He gives you enough grace to get through each day and sometimes each hour. I am learning that through all of these transitions I need a lot more grace from above to help me get through the tough moments and to actually be gracious to myself because I’m not perfect.
I wake up now and remind myself that this morning is filled with grace and many cups of coffee. I know that God will give me enough strength, energy, and love to get through the day and that when I feel that I don’t have enough He is there will a little more grace…and another cup of coffee.